Monday, July 30, 2012

Even Yours - BOOM! Theater


"She introduced us, like it's the most normal thing in the world that she's married to a f**king Adonis."

An intimate portrait of what it takes to rebuild a life destroyed by betrayal. It's about what drives us to follow through on our darker impulses, but also about choosing light over darkness.

This one nearly snuck by me, and I'd kick myself if it did. (Thanks for the email, Gemma!) It's written (and this time also performed) by Gemma Irish, who was behind Fringe 2010's Yvette, which Mom and I enjoyed a whole lot and was in my pre-Fringe Top 10 that year. This script is a very different thing. More drama than comedy (though Gemma can't help herself, there's a lot of welcome humor here). It's about personal betrayal, which isn't always my thing. But if Gemma's exploring the topic, then I'm interested. Also, John Bennett, the man in this love triangle, was really great in the production of Naomi Wallace's The Inland Sea at Macalester last year, so he's more than just another pretty face. This one's definitely finding its way onto my schedule.

No comments: