Wednesday, July 25, 2018

18 - Delightfully Rude - Elaine Orion - Ritz Studio


She’s been called “the female Doug Stanhope” by a heckler in a blackout and “brave” for performing in Trump-friendly bars. Elaine’s stand-up comedy is most enjoyed by those accepting the end of the world.

Honestly, there is precious little information on this one.

I think she’s a visiting artist from out of town.

I found a fairly dormant website for a comedian named Elaine Orion but I’m not 100 percent sure it’s hers.

Really, it was the press pitch in the materials I was sent by the Fringe that amused me enough to put her on the list:

“Elaine would call the show ‘unapologetically feminist’ but she wants people to actually show up.”

Sometimes that’s all I need.

(oh, and if, like me, you were wondering, "who's Doug Stanhope?"  He has a website.)

Here's some handy links to full Top 10, Top 11-20 and Returning Favorites lists.



No comments: