Monday, July 27, 2009

Fringe 2009 - Top 10 - #4 - Food Shelf Follies

If you put a gun to my head and I could only see 10 Fringe shows, what would they be and why?

#4

Lane McKiernan

Food Shelf Follies

Tales of life on the lower end of the economic scale.

Quail in the face of red tape.

Cheer at creative solutions to hunger

(and a bonus of true love).

Take note of survival tips.

Triumph. Heartbreak.

Snacks.


When I last heard Lane's spoken word work in a Fringe show...

2005 - At Least One Shoe

I said this, "I want to hear more spoken word from Lane, in the Fringe or out."

At last he returns to the Fringe.

Content, not surprisingly, notes it is - Queer/GLBT, Political

He lists himself as a Weaver of Words

and co-conspirator Katie Burgess as - Juggling and other Amazement

Lane has always been tremendously supportive of my work as a writer. As a blogger and eager audience member, I'm happy to return the favor.

If you haven't heard Lane, you really should.

The fact that he's taking the stage solo, rather than being a smaller part of a multi-person showcase indicates to me that the time has come for the big story.

Can't wait.

Plus, you know, snacks. Mmmmm.... snacks...

His show page

No comments: