Monday, July 27, 2009

Fringe 2009 - Top 20 - #15 - Death Camp Diaries

If you removed that gun from my head and I could see another 10 Fringe shows, what would they be and why?

#15

Howard Lieberman/Jaded Optimist Productions

Death Camp Diaries

If there had been no Holocaust, would Israel exist today? If not, how, if at all, would the world be different today? In search of answers, this anti-religious, devoutly agnostic secular Jew visits some of Europe's most notorious former death camps. What I bring home (on July 28th, a mere two days before the show opens) is whatever I find buried beneath the ashes of hate. This raw piece will be interactive, and demand a level of honesty from both performer and audience seldom seen on stage, even in a Fringe show.

Whenever Mom needs to be reminded who Howard Lieberman is, I just say, "He was the one who did a monologue while stroking a large rubber rat in a disturbingly sexual fashion in...

2006 - Sh*t Up Louder

"Oh, that guy."

Yes, that guy. Who also did the rubber rat free, autobiographical solo show...

2005 - Dancing Dirty with Lee and Mr. Bo

I've talked about Howard's upcoming show before, in the Fringe-For-All preview coverage.

I'm really interested to see how this one turns out.

And that, my friends, is one way to creep up onto the Top 20 list.

hlieberman.wordpress.com

His show page

His Fringe-For-All preview

No comments: