Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Fringe Scheduling - Every Day A Little Death

Scheduling this year is a particularly challenging puzzle this year for some reason. 

I’ll have to confer with Mom on her preferences for the first six days of the festival.  There are multiple options most days in which way we could go, depends on what she wants to see more. 

She likes to fill all 30 slots during her visit, so that means clustering our shows together in the same general area, since there’s no late seating and we don’t want to take the chance of missing a slot (it’s happened). 

Plus, she’s 79, and I am now 15 years older than I was when I started Fringe blogging so high speed sprinting to a venue is out of the question.

Even if you’re around for the whole festival, as I will be, it’s only humanly possible to see 56 out of 166 shows.  And that’s if you see something in every single slot and don’t see anything twice. 

So no matter what a person does, about two thirds of the Fringe is just out of reach.

So just like every year, the hard decisions mount.

Given the complexity I’m going to set the schedule aside for a little bit and focus on posting the rest of that pre-Fringe Top 10/Top 20 list. 

I was hoping to work out both the list and the schedule at the same time, but the schedule is proving resistant. 

If past is any guide, no matter how I plunk down that Top 10/Top 20 list, I’m going to end up missing a few of them just due to logistics.

So, if I could see quite literally everything, which 20 new acts would be first in line…?

No comments: