Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Top 20 - #17 - Bear Eats Bear


A retro-future audio adventure on a vintage cassette. Hike to discover and join the Rebels in a feral, apocalyptic American wilderness. When society burns, what narrative remnants remain?

This is one of those site specific things I unfortunately can’t share with Mom because of the walking involved, so I’ll have to try and catch it after she’s gone.  I mean, who doesn’t want to listen to a show on cassette tapes and go on a hike into the feral apocalyptic wilderness after society burns?  The show image is kick-ass.  Normally, I don’t line up for bleak storytelling, but all the moving parts of this one have me interested almost in spite of myself.  So it’s on the short list of “how do I get there and back in time for the next show” things that are worth the risk.  We shall see...

(Random shout-out: to another show that brings a lot of strange elements together Thor: Jurassic Park, which almost made the cut)

And here's some handy links to the full list of pre-Fringe top 10, and 11-20, returning favorites, and all the random shout outs in these Top 10/Top 20 posts - links all gathered in a single list to take you to fuller posts and Fringe pages.  Enjoy!



No comments: