Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Top 20 - #15 - What You Will


"Words are grown so false, I am loathe to prove reason with them.” Foolishness. Disruption. Assumption. New beginnings and uncertain endings. An exploration of “Twelfth Night” through transgender identity.

Twelfth Night is one of only two Shakespeare plays I don’t get tired of (As You Like It is the other.  Pretty much every other popular Shakespeare play I’ve reached (and passed) my pain threshold with.  So other Shakespearean Fringers, it’s not you, it’s me.  I just need a break this year.  I wish you luck with everyone else.  Your audience will find you, I have no doubt.)  This one, however, has the added benefit of a trans spin on the presentation.  So I’m doubly curious.  I don’t see any familiar names involved, but I’m still ready it give What You Will a chance.

(Random shout-out: another show with a trans twist, Pope Joan - which almost made the cut.)

And here's some handy links to the full list of pre-Fringe top 10, and 11-20, returning favorites, and all the random shout outs in these Top 10/Top 20 posts - links all gathered in a single list to take you to fuller posts and Fringe pages.  Enjoy!



No comments: