Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Top 10 - #8 - KnoW WesT


A runaway acapella stage coach ride down the collapsing mine tunnel of history and into a dream. By the creator of the unexpected, hallucinatory 2015 Fringe hit, Brother Ulysses.

Listing your past Fringe outings by name is super useful, particularly if people really liked what you did before.  Don’t be coy, do what these folks did.  Don’t just say “I did the Fringe three times before” - tell me the name of the shows.  I might not have heard of them, but there’s a fair chance I might have.  I caught Brother Ulysses way too late at night, way too far into the Fringe.  The hallucinatory part of it combined with sleep deprivation to make me wonder if I was truly awake for the whole thing.  But the parts I know I was alert for I enjoyed tremendously.  They were unrepentantly odd and engaging storytellers.  So I’m sure this one holds more of the same.  I mean, “a runaway acapella stage coach ride down the collapsing mine tunnel of history and into a dream.” Don’t you want to find out what the f**k that means?

(Random shout-out: an ever-rotating assortment of various artists over its five show run, it’s Wait…didn’t Patrick’s Cabaret close? - which almost made the cut.)

And here's some handy links to the full list of pre-Fringe top 10, and 11-20, returning favorites, and all the random shout outs in these Top 10/Top 20 posts - links all gathered in a single list to take you to fuller posts and Fringe pages.  Enjoy!

No comments: