Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fringe 2017 - Top 20 - #13 - It’s About Love Again This Year


This lively and humorous show is an expression of how and where love surges in our lives. Combining original text, recognizable music, and explosive dancing, we ponder the many nuances and textures of love.

Choosing dance is always a crap shoot for me.  I don’t see enough dance the rest of the year (though there’s no shortage of it around the Twin Cities), so I use the convenience of Fringe not to allow myself any more excuses.  Dance is always something I end up raving about every Fringe.  There were two on my top 10 list for the Fringe at year end in 2016Dance was also one of 2015’s highlights that I attended twice.  Here, the video they posted on their page sold me.  There’s some humor and whimsy, and I could use more of that these days, dance or no.  So they’re on my list.

(Random shout-outs: a couple of other more melancholy shows about love that almost made the cut - Fool’s Paradise, and Wish You Were Her.)

And here's some handy links to the full list of pre-Fringe top 10, and 11-20, returning favorites, and all the random shout outs in these Top 10/Top 20 posts - links all gathered in a single list to take you to fuller posts and Fringe pages.  Enjoy!

No comments: