Sunday, July 02, 2023

Fringe 2023 - Minnesota Fringe Festival Turns 30, Blog Turns 21


It's weird contemplating how long this has all been going on.

If this blog were a person, it could legally buy its own drinks now.

I was going to the Minnesota Fringe Festival, rather obsessively, and writing audience reviews, equally so, before I was asked to start the blog.  In fact, those are the reasons I was asked.

I won't claim to have attended the very first Fringe in Minneapolis.  It happened just two years after I moved here.  But I had enough friends in theater that it became fairly quickly inevitable that I'd learn about a Fringe show or two, and that led to the festival at large, so it wasn't long before I was hooked.

And as I clear out last year's pre-Fringe Top 10 and Top 20 lists to make room for a list of 20 more new artists I'm interested in seeing, there's also quite a few returning acts who I shortlisted in previous years to fill my schedule.

So while I'm sorting the newbies, I figured I might as well post about the veterans of previous Fringes back again for more.

Thanks to everyone who continues to read this thing.  It's the reason the Fringe keeps giving me a press pass so I can see as many shows as I can cram into 11 days.

Time to get down the business.  July is already two days old.  August 3rd will be here before we know it.


Here's some handy links to this year's Top 10, and Top 11-20 Lists, plus the full list of all returning favorites at this year's Fringe, plus a link to all the 2023 Minnesota Fringe Festival coverage

 

 

No comments: