Monday, July 11, 2022

Fringe 2022 - Top Ten - #6 - Black Wall Street: Dreamland Theatre – Doc Woods & Friends


On May 31, 1921 in Tulsa, Oklahoma audiences gathered at Dreamland Theatre to watch a screening of "The Green-Eyed Monster" when the show is interrupted with news of the impending lynching of a Black man.

I’m embarrassed to say how little I was taught about history in my educational life growing up.  I only learned about the Tulsa race massacre a few years ago.  So if a Fringe show like Black Wall Street: Dreamland Theatre is touching on that piece of history, hard as it may be to watch, I’m putting it on the list.  I also recognize the name of one of the actors in the ensemble, Charla Marie Bailey, which signals to me the audience will be in good hands.


(You can click on the following links to see a set of links to the full Top 10 list, the Top 11-20 list, a list of returning favorites, and the full coverage of the 2022 Fringe on this blog.) 



No comments: