Monday, July 11, 2022

Fringe 2022 - Top Ten - #7 - Daybreak Diner – Lady Z Productions (Maureen L. Bourgeois)


What if walls could talk? Welcome to Daybreak Diner! Pull up a chair and experience the past, present, life, love, and the discovery of self in a small town diner.

This is another entry in what’s going to probably be a common refrain in the blog this year, “I’m seeing this one because I just worked with someone on one of the play readings for Threshold Theater.”  Maureen L. Bourgeois, the creator of this Fringe show, did such a marvelous job as one of the leads in an offbeat comedy called “Lemuria” for Threshold, I would happily attend anything else she’s involved in.  So even though there’s not a ton of information on this one on the Fringe site, I saw Maureen’s name and that’s all I need to know.  The genre listings say Daybreak Diner is both comedy and drama and is flagged for both violence and adult language, so I am forewarned.
 

(You can click on the following links to see a set of links to the full Top 10 list, the Top 11-20 list, a list of returning favorites, and the full coverage of the 2022 Fringe on this blog.) 

 

 

No comments: